QUEZON CITY (PIA) -- The Low Pressure Area outside of the Philippine Area of Responsibility, located at 3.9°N, 130.4°E 635 km East Southeast of General Santos City, will continue to bring rains in the coming days in Visayas and Mindanao as well as in Palawan and Bicol Region.
Meanwhile, the Northeast Monsoon or locally known as ‘Amihan’ will continue to affect parts of Luzon.
Strong to gale force winds of 45 - 63 / 24 – 34 kph/knots and rough to very rough sea conditions with a wave height of 2.8 - 4.5 meters associated with the Northeast Monsoon are expected to affect the following areas:
· Seaboards of Northern Luzon and the Eastern Seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon (Batanes, Cagayan Including Babuyan Islands, Isabela, Ilocos Norte, Aurora, Northern Quezon [general Nakar]
· Northern and Eastern Coasts of Polillo Islands [the Northern Coast of Panukulan, Burdeos, The Eastern Coast of Patnanungan, And Jomalig]
· Camarines Norte
· Northern Coast of Camarines Sur
· Northern and Eastern Coast of Catanduanes
· Eastern Coast of Albay
· Eastern Coast of Sorsogon
· Eastern seaboards of Visayas and Mindanao (Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Eastern Coast of Southern Leyte, Dinagat Islands, and Eastern Coast of Surigao Del Norte including Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands)
Fishing boats and other small sea crafts are advised not to venture out into the sea while larger sea vessels are alerted against big waves.
Government assets are on stand-by in different field offices for efficient and fast distribution of relief to residents that will be affected by these weather disturbances.
The public is again reminded to continue to be vigilant and prepare for floods and rain-induced landslides. (KSAA – PIA CPSD)