The Philippine Plan of Action on the Safety of the Journalist (PPASJ) is part of the project called Safeguarding Press Freedom in the Philippines.
It has 5 priority areas for national action with regard to journalist safety:
1. Integrity and Professionalism which includes the creation of a National Press Council and promoting ethical standards by individual journalists.
2. Conducive Working Conditions that highlights the rights of journalists and media workers to be assured of economic and job security, and occupational health and safety, as provided for by national laws and international protocols.
3. Safety and Protection Mechanisms focuses on institutionalizing mechanisms for safety and protection at work which entail risk mapping and safety training courses for journalists and media workers.
4. Criminal Justice System which will map and examine laws and policies that imperil or undermine press freedom and journalist safety.
5. Public Information, Journalism Education, and Research which focuses on the greater public understanding and appreciation of the role of the news media in protecting democracy and an enhanced recognition by media audiences of their responsibility in safeguarding media freedom.