MANILA, (PIA) -- The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) today clarified that the distribution of cash aid or ayuda in the National Capital Region (NCR) will continue despite the shift to less restrictive Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ).
“It’s not true that the ayuda for NCR Plus will stop because we have shifted to MECQ. That is fake news. Though more people are now back to work, the ayuda is a commitment of government and will continue to be distributed despite the change in quarantine classification,” said DILG Undersecretary and Spokesperson Jonathan Malaya.
Malaya condemned those spreading fake news in social media. “We reiterate, there is no truth to the claim that the Ayuda will stop now that the ECQ is over. The funds have been downloaded to the local government units (LGUs) and we will continue until the last peso is distributed.”
He said that the distribution is going smoothly across the NCR area and that a total of P8.4-billion in ayuda funds have so far been distributed as of August 21 to some 8.4-million beneficiaries in the NCR.
This represents 75% of the funds downloaded by the national government to Metro Manila. (DILG/PIA-NCR)