QUEZON CITY, (PIA) -- The Department of Health (DOH) said it is now crafting the operational guidelines for the administration of booster shots to the general population.
“The EUA has been approved, we will just finalize the guidelines, in the next couple of days, we will have the boosters for all 18 years old and above,” DoH Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje said.
Despite the expansion of eligible sectors for booster shots, she noted that the vaccination of those who have not received any dose of a COVID-19 vaccine should still be prioritized.
Cabotaje said around 60,000 booster shots have been given since Monday, the start of the three-day nationwide simultaneous vaccination drive.
Previously, only senior citizens, persons with comorbidities and healthcare workers were allowed to get booster doses.
Based on the latest data shown in the National Vaccination Dashboard, the country has already administered a total of 313,836 booster doses. (PIA-NCR)