QUEZON CITY (PIA) – To equip more Filipinos with relevant technical skills amid the pandemic, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) encouraged Filipinos to enroll to the free online courses relevant to COVID-19 management.
According to TESDA Secretary Isidro Lapeña, the online courses under their TESDA Online Program (TOP) is accessible even in a home study setup.
Based on the data released by e-TESDA, there were 397,721 Filipinos enrolled in the Human Health/Health Care Sector of the TOP in 2021, while there were 369,650 enrollees on the Practicing COVID-19 Preventive Measures in the Workplace.
“As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, we are inviting everyone to enroll in our free online courses related to COVID-19 management not just to help prevent the spread of the virus but also to be productive amid travel restrictions,” Lapeña said.
The ten (10) free online training programs are the following:
1. Contact-tracing Free Coursera Course;
2. COVID-19 Awareness;
3. COVID-19 General Duties;
4. COVID-19: How to put on and remove personal protective equipment (PPE);
5. Learning Online during COVID-19;
6. Managing TVET during COVID-19;
7. Standard precautions: Hand hygiene;
8. Teaching Online During COVID-19;
9. Health Effects of Climate Change; and
10. Practicing COVID-19 Preventive Measures in the Workplace
For more information, isit e-TESDA website thru https://www.e-tesda.gov.ph/ for further details on how to register, enroll, and view the list of available courses. (JAFD/PIA-IDPD)