CEBU CITY, Cebu, July 15 (PIA) -- In line with the celebration of the 33rd National Statistics Month (NSM) this October, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is inviting entries for the 11th National Statistics Month Media Awards (NSMMA).
This recognition aims to acknowledge the significant role and contribution of the media in disseminating and promoting official statistical information through the presentation of data, statistics, and other products and services from the Philippine Statistical System in television, radio, print, and online news service.
This year's categories and its coverage are as follows:
- Best Statistical Reporting in Print Media – a special feature or editorial type of articles published in print media.
- Best Statistical Reporting in Online Media – a special feature or editorial type of articles published in online media.
- Best Statistical Reporting in TV Broadcast Media - a segment or documentary program broadcast in TV that discusses economic and social condition with reference to statistical data of Philippine Statistical System.
- Best Statistical Reporting in Radio Broadcast Media - a segment or documentary program broadcast in Radio that discusses economic and social condition with reference to statistical data of Philippine Statistical System.
- Best Media Advocate for Statistics - an organization which has the most number of statistical news (online and print) released.
Interested national and local media professionals affiliated in Philippine private news organization and a TV/radio program aired in the Philippines by Philippine TV/radio media organization may apply or be nominated by completing a downloadable application form on the PSA website, along with copies of at least five articles from print and/or online news and/or at least three TV/radio broadcast/documentaries using statistics from August 2021 to July 2022.
All articles, press releases and TV/radio reports/documentary presentations must be duly identified with the title of the article/segment/program, the name of the author/reporter, the name of the media organization, and the date of publication/release.
All submissions must be accompanied by supporting evidence demonstrating the scope and impact of the submitted articles and/or TV/radio segments/documentary programs such as, but not limited, to the following:
- Number of online shares/views; and/or
- Google analytics (number of web page hits)
Presentations can be made in person, by email and/or courier.
Candidates or the nominating party must submit the requirements no later than Aug. 5, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. to the NSM Media Awards Secretariat through Mr. Ferdinand R. Aquino, with office address at Ground Floor CVEA Building, PSA Complex
East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.
The following are the contact details: telephone number (02) 8462-6600 loc 839, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: nationalstatmonth@gmail. com
A plaque shall be given to the winner of each category which will be announced during the joint opening ceremony of the 33rd National Statistics Month and 15th National Statistical Convention on Oct. 3.
For more details, interested applicants may visit the website of NSM Media Awards at https://psa.gov. tel/node/164963.
They can also follow the Facebook page of NSM Media Awards at www.facebook.com/ NSMPhilippines and Twitter account at twitter.com/NSMPhilippines. (RGC/PIA7)