No. of :

No. of Shares:

Currently viewed by: Marcus Rosit

BI issues reminder for those celebrating Chinese New Year abroad

QUEZON CITY, (PIA) -- The Bureau of Immigration (BI) advises all residents in the country who will be celebrating Chinese New Year abroad to arrange their re-entry permit at any BI offices before they leave.

According to Atty. Carlos Capulong, Immigration Port Operations Division chief, this is in line with the expected influx of passengers to process re-entry fees at the immigration cashiers of the departure area in the three Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals.

Capulong said departing residents have the option to obtain said permit at the airport or at any BI offices nationwide.

The immigration official said there is a 24/7 one-stop-shop at NAIA terminal 3, where departing passengers can get a permit before their flight.

Under immigration laws, all foreigners who are registered with the BI and have a validated visa must obtain an exit and re-entry permit every time they leave the Philippines, including permanent residents, foreign students and workers with a valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-cards). (PIA-NCR)

About the Author

Susan De Leon

Assistant Regional Head

National Capital Region

IO 3

Feedback / Comment

Get in touch