QUEZON CITY, (PIA) --The Philippine Information Agency-National Capital Region (PIA-NCR) will spearhead the conduct of information and service caravan on Wednesday (May 10, 2023) in Las Piñas City.
The activity will serve as a kickoff event for “NagkakaisangBumabangon”,a Pre-SONA Caravan that will be conducted in all regions nationwide.
The event highlights health and social service accomplishments for the first year of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s administration.
Department of Health (DOH) Officer-In-Charge, UndersecretaryDr. Maria Rosario Vergeire and Department of Social Welfare and Development(DSWD) Secretary RexlonGatchalian are expected to deliver keynote messages, while Metro Manila Center for Health and Development Regional Director Aleli Annie Grace Sudiacal and DSWD Spokesperson Assistant SecretaryRomel Lopez are expected to give briefings regarding health and social services in Metro Manila.
National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief, PMGen. Edgar Alan Okubo and Commission on Population and Development Regional Director Jackylin Robel are also expected to deliver the accomplishments of their respective agencies.
Aside from informing the public of their accomplishments, various services will be dispensed at the site such as:
- Department Of Health-Metro Manila Center for Health Development: Measles-Rubella and Oral Polio Vaccine Supplemental Immunization Activity (MR–OPV SIA)
- Philippine Cancer Society – Free Breast Cancer Screening
- Commission on Population and Development - information on family planning, adolescent health and Population and development integration
- PhilHealth -On-site Registration for non-members; Konsulta Program Registration
- National Capital Region Police Office: a. Feeding Program; b. Medical & Dental Services; c. Provision of soap d. On-site processing of Police Clearance e. Livelihood training for rug and charcoal making
- Department of Social Welfare and Development
- Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situations - a. medical assistance b. educational assistance c. transportation assistance d. Funeral assistance e. cash assistance for victims of natural calamities, domestic abuse or LSIs f. food benefits
PIA Director-General Ramon Lee Cualoping III will talk the current administration’s effort to streamline government processes and strengthen the information campaign to ensure that all Filipinos are well-informed of government programs and projects.
DG Cualoping will also discuss #ExplainExplainExplain advocacy that is expected to expand with the new guidance and marching orders from PCO in support of the programs and policies of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.
According to PIA-National Capital Region Regional Director Emver Cortez, the event aims to bring government services closer to the people and cater to the needs of those who may not have easy access to them.
"Our goal here is to ensure that residents of Las Piñas City, regardless of their socio-economic status, will have access to the services and benefits that they are entitled to, in line with the Philippine Development Plan 2023-2028 in a bid to strengthen the social and human development sector through various government intervention strategies," Cortez said.
"This Pre-SONA caravan is a testament to the government's commitment to reaching out to those in need and providing them with the necessary assistance to improve their lives," he added.
The event is also part of the government's efforts to promote inclusive growth and improve the lives of Filipinos, particularly those who are in need, and to build a more equitable and prosperous society for all. It also aims to bring government services closer to the people.
PIA is the lead on-ground development communication arm of the government. (PIA-NCR)