MANILA -- Still fresh from his working visit in the US, President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Sunday immediately buckled down to work by maintaining constant communication with his key Cabinet members directly involved in the preparations for Super Typhoon Karding.
“I am in constant contact with Defense Secretary Jose Faustino, who also chairs the NDRRMC (National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council), as well as with DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development) Secretary Erwin Tulfo and Secretary Renato Solidum of the DOST (Department of Science and Technology),” Marcos said in a statement.
The President is also in constant communication with DILG (Department of Interior and Local Government) Secretary Benhur Abalos for possible evacuations especially in low-lying areas that are prone to flooding.
Meanwhile, the Department of Agriculture’s regional field offices (RFOs) have taken concrete steps in preparing the areas which are along the track of Super Typhoon Carding. These include the:
1. Activation of the DA’s Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Operation Centers;
2. Prepositioning of seeds for rice and corn, drugs and biologics for livestock and poultry in safe storage facilities;
3. Coordination with the Local Government Units (LGUs) , and other Regional DRRM-related offices in monitoring of STY "KARDING";
4. Continuous dissemination of advisory to the Animal Protection and Council Office (APCO), LGUs and farmer leaders for them to disseminate the same information to the community and local farmers for their farm operation activities; and
5. Monitoring of the actual field situation for possible damage and losses that may be incurred in crops, livestock, and fisheries. (OPS)